Saturday, November 3, 2007

Another close call

I have to find a new hobby! The Texas Longhorns are about to kill me!! Another too close game, with us down by 21 points most of it. They only played well in the 4th quarter, this is 2 weeks in a row. I don't know how they managed to win the game with a field goal as time expired. I screamed so loud and my face got so red, I have a headache from it all! Twice I had to go to my room I couldn't stand to watch. Please no more close games!!! My heart can't take it.

I am beginning to find a life (aside from college football) here. Have you ever heard of meet-ups? Check out http://www.meetup.com/ if you want to meet people that share your interest in anything in any city. There's a group here that gets together to try out different ethnic restaurants, that's next on my list to check out:-). So I've started doing The Artist's Way and I met with a group today going through the exercises from Julia Cameron's book. I am attempting to unleash my inner writer. So I find out it is national novel writing month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to complete a novel by November 30th with at least 50,000 words!! That's only 1,667 words per day with the goal of quantity over quality. I figure I'm only 3,334 words behind if I begin tonight. So I'm going for it! What do I have to lose?!

Today has been full of plumbing fun in our house. We came home from dinner (Polynesian!) to find a stream of water coming from the kitchen sink. What a lovely smell it emitted. So everything under the sink is wet and Ryan seems to think it's been this way for a week. Oh, the joy of being a homeowner! And earlier this morning, he disassembled the washer and dryer the sellers left to see if our washer and dryer work. So far so good. So now we have to decide which set to sell on craigslist..... The best is our breakfast nook has finally emerged from behind the appliances! About time we've reclaimed this space....

No comments: