Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's snowing! A weather post....

And it's gorgeous....from inside anyway. Driving is another matter as snow is so infrequent the city of Seattle does not own snow plows or salt for the streets and I plan to stay off the roads as much as possible as these people don't know how to drive in it....including me! We took some pictures of the house with snow which I will share....soon. I forgot how magical snow is! The mountains in the distance are snow-covered, it's really breathtaking. Have I mentioned my obsession with snow-shoeiing (?sp)? I am going somewhere somehow this season....Ryan doesn't understand my interest...he's a downhill skiier.

Hope your Thanksgivings were as fun as mine! I went to San Antonio and was looking forward to the sun and warmth....which only lasted 1 day! The weather was cold and rainy one of the days...just like Seattle, which made it easier to come home to. The trip made me really appreciate Seattle, not in a bad way towards San Antonio but I realized we hadn't left Seattle since we moved here in early August, rare...I normally love to explore other areas and was always doing that in MS but there is so much to do just in Seattle I hadn't felt that need to flee.

Family was so fun to be around, as always. Jack, my 2 year old nephew, is SO much fun and cute, I don't think I'm biased at all:-) He is amazingly always so aware of his surroundings and where everyone is....and who's paying attention to him, it's adorable. We ate such good food as always: neapolitan pizza, good Mexican and margaritas and an awesome traditional turkey spread. The best turkey I've ever had actually, courtesy of the family chef, Johnny. We played games. A new one for me: apples to apples and Socca! with Erin too and her Italian fiance, Pietro. Wow, did we ever learn some interesting stuff about them! Meatloaf!!!!

Work has been NOT been keeping me busy. I've been sick so called in a few days and the other days the census was low so they asked me to stay home. Highly doubtful I'll work all the hours I'm scheduled for which is fine with me. I've found so much to keep me occupied. I do miss the going to work routine though, the bus commute has been somewhat surprisingly, extremely tolerable. I'm still so new to the neighborhoods, etc. that I'm just in awe of everything, especially loving the ride home through downtown. It gets dark so early here that the holiday lights in the downtown area and Pike Place Market are on, I love it! Can't wait to have visitors to show this unique city off!!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Cara,
Good to hear that you guys are making it through the winter blast and that it's beautiful! We went to the Nutcracker last Friday and it was lovely~very Christmasy! Snowshoeing sounds like fun. I've only done cross country skiing:) Enjoy the beauty of the snow!
Bisous~
Erin