Monday, July 9, 2007

Jersey shore

It had been 5 years since our last visit and what a trip! A full week of sand, surf, and very good food. Honestly think I gained more weight this week than the whole time in Europe! I am not like Ryan spending hours in the ocean burning calories, I prefer to sunbathe!! So, our days were spent getting to the beach roughly 11 am and spending the whole day there. Rough, isn't it? The water was cold though, warmest was 68 degrees but I went in at 61, brrrrrr......

So the food goes something like this: crumb cake or some other doughnut for breakfast, sandwiches (really good bread and cold cuts) on the beach, and a smorgasbord of meats and/or a pizza pie for dinner! And don't even get me started on the desserts: zeppoles, salt water taffy, pies, and cakes. Yum....

Great to catch up with Ryan's extended family! Drama abounds but doesn't it with all family?!!

No comments: