Friday, August 17, 2007

Houseless in Seattle

Still no luck on the housing front after a good week plus of searching. We've got a good real estate agent who keeps telling me not to get antsy. Easy for her to say, she's not living in an Extended Stay! Honestly, it's not too bad but after months of living out of suitcases, I'm ready to be in my own place. There might be one possibility, I'll keep you posted....

Almost 2 weeks in Seattle and I can not complain (well, except for my watermelon story). The weather is so different from what I'm used to in the summer: 70s and clear. Today, Pike Place Market turns 100! Visited a farmer's market yesterday for organic fruits and veggies all locally grown. These people are into the environment and dogs big time!! Another interesting thing I've noticed are the teriyaki restaurants in practically every strip mall/intersection. Heard there are over 100 teriyaki joints and only 12 McDonald's in Seattle proper, my kind of place! Ryan was disappointed in this fact, ha. So you'd think with a health conscious population that dietitian jobs would be plentiful, not so. I've only been able to find 2 openings. Hmmm, is it career change time? I could handle health or travel writing or even blogging.

Went to a Mariners game Monday night at Safeco Field: what a stadium! I'm not into baseball but I might become a fan going to games here. We met Ryan's cousin, Gabe, and some of his friends pre-game at the Pyramid Ale House right across from the stadium and later enjoyed an $8 beer in the stadium with a great crowd and wonderful sunset! The Mariners even won with a bottom of the 9th homerun! So much to do here, I can get used to this....

No comments: