Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And the wait continues...

We're definitely not closing this Friday. We'll know more by Thursday but it should be next week sometime Mon-Wednesday. So many unknowns! And we have to pay $100 a day past our original close date which sucks as it wasn't our fault in the first place. Hopefully the military movers will wait until the last possible day to deliver our stuff and we might actually be in the house after all. Also, the fed's decision to drop interest rates today will help us get a lower rate than we would've had the original closing date worked out. I'm trying to think optimistically!! Do you see why I've been reading books lately? Have to get my mind off of all this stuff or I'll go crazy.

I feel the need to elaborate more on our hotel life. Contrary to popular belief, we do NOT receive daily housekeeping service. In fact, our weekly service is pretty basic. I've been doing the dusting!! I would not recommend this particular hotel as it feels dingy, carpets seem dirty, etc. Not to mention a very unpleasant fire alarm that went off at 3:30 am a few weeks ago not once, not twice, but at least 3 times and this thing was LOUD!!! And it would go off at random times over the next week or so. Plus, whenever we enter the hotel, we smell certain ethnic smells emanating from others' rooms. Have I mentioned that Microsoft is only a 10 minute drive? Anyway, the room has a microwave and a stove top but no oven so we've been eating as many meals here to save money which is mostly sandwiches or frozen meals. However, the most irritating thing of living here are our very loud neighbors. And the later it gets, the louder they seem to get. In fact, it sounds like they make furniture in there, I'm not kidding. Who knows what they are banging on at all hours?! The weirdest thing is that we can hear them coughing up a lung or maybe puking, we can't figure it out. Are these people sick? Or bulimic?? Who knows? I guess this is city living but now I'm glad that we won't be living in an apartment or a shared wall living arrangement because my sound machine would get so much use......

On to some good news. That per diem job that I mentioned before will actually be turning into more permanent work in November. So if I decide to take the per diem job, it'll be like deciding on the job if I like it and can then determine if I want permanent work there. Anyway, I have an interview Thursday morning!!

No comments: