Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Political Statement

I went to my first protest last Monday! Pres. Bush visited Bellevue (the more conservative, suburban answer to Seattle) while avoiding Seattle entirely. About 400 protestors were out in full force. There were no arrests, just some shoving with crowds, although there were some scary looking militant people at the ready. Have to say I was impressed with the diversity of people there: of course, there were scary extremists and a definite SWAT team presence, but there were people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.

The first picture is the best crowd shot I had (love the Crate & Barrel in the background) and the second is of the "I Miss America" girls, creative, huh? Even I didn't agree with some of the bash Bush posters such as 9-11 was an inside job. My all-time fav was "Dumb, Dumber, Dubya!" Although I didn't physically see 43, just his huge motorcade, at least I was a part of the "welcoming" committee. Is 2008 here yet??!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cara-
I thought I recognized you in that pink wig and old AF ball dress! You go girl!