Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Locked out (again)

I do this every single time I move into a new place. I got locked out with no cell phone and barely knowing anybody. It was not as if I had planned to go out and forgot my keys. No, I was just stepping into the laundry room when the door that had been kept open with all of the boxes closed on me since there are no longer any boxes in the kitchen!! Thankfully, I was dressed to venture outside except for shoes....but Ryan left some (huge) football shoes so out I tramped to the local coffee shop, Cafe Lulu. Our neighbor owns it and was gracious enough to let me use her phone and hang out there while I waited for Ryan to save me! I better get some extra keys made and soon....

Unpacking is slow going....the only boxes left are in the 2nd bedroom which is going to be about as much fun to go through as a visit to the dentist. I've dawdled over organizing the kitchen and bedroom long enough I think. Even with all the unpacking, I am bored! We don't have cable so all day long I only have the radio/cd's for company as well as the occasional phone call. However, I've managed to take walk breaks to explore the neighborhood and bump into people to make random conversations to appease my social side. I need to start work to meet some more people!!

No comments: