Saturday, October 13, 2007

Settling in

So on the yuppie front....according to a former Seattleite, we are yuppies, but it's ok everyone is. As long as it's not the poor connotation associated with materialism, I'm ok with that.

Texas Longhorns won! About time!! And they took it to IA State but we needed that after 2 losses in a row. The K-State loss was rough, I have no idea what was up with Colt McCoy and our special teams. They looked awful! We gave up 2 TDs on punt returns and couldn't get a TO to save us! As much as I "hate" OU, this loss last weekend wasn't super tough as I expected to get spanked. Horns played really well, up to their potential. So now we have the Dish and a DVR, moving up in the world (further evidence of our yuppiness). Good thing, though, as we spent a lovely 3 hours this morning, during gametime, at the DMV. At least I didn't have to suffer through another game at Hooters! Hard to believe Nebraska lost so badly at home. I'm afraid to call my brother! Another crazy day of college football!!

Still having fun exploring the 'hood. We found another downtown area in Green Lake that we like, with some good restaurants and bakeries. The fall colors are really pretty!! Bright red and purple trees. Tomorrow's weather forecast has warned us it's the last nice day, rain's expected for the next 7 days. Just in time for me to start work riding the bus every day, should be a joy. I took the bus on Friday to go downtown to the Central Library (yes, I am a nerd, hey does this factor in to my yuppiness at all?). Ann Patchett (author of Bel Canto and new book, Run) gave a book reading and I took a tour of the library. Oh my god, I can't believe I'm admitting this. It was really cool, actually. Did you know Seattle is the most literate city? I believe it as I'm about to become a book reading groupie, I think. Many cool authors are visiting in the coming months, I get so excited about this kind of stuff! The bus was ok but a super smelly man sat by me when I got closer to downtown. It's definitely more diverse downtown that in my neighborhood, I didn't realize it until this trip. I wish everybody used Dial....

No comments: