Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Almost Famous??


Unlikely, however I submitted this picture (from our glacial ice hike in Norway last summer) to an REI contest and they picked it to use for their marketing campaign!! I don't get any money for it and had to sign a bunch of legal releases for them to use it. But they don't have to let me know when they use it or for what, so if you see it anywhere, please let me know!! REI adventure trips? REI.com? I haven't seen it anywhere yet......
I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I have the REI logo across my jacket and am sporting their oh so fashionable pants. An REI member through and through....or a sucker? Anyway, if you haven't heard of REI--I hadn't until a few years ago, they're an uber sports store/coop, you can rent equipment there too. The flagship store is downtown Seattle and was a must for me when we first visited Seattle last year. I even climbed the pinnacle a few months ago (fake rock climbing tower you can see from I-5), really fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cara I have seen you picture posted in the REI member rewards packet on the first page! Very cool, perhaps you will have more to submit after you trip.

Take care, Sirima