Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat & Super Tuesday

What's not to love? A day dedicated to eating your heart out and mucho political drama!! My kind of day. So, my vote in a few weeks as a Washington resident may not make much difference depending on what happens today. Still undecided....want a female president but at the same time think Obama might be the breath of fresh air this country needs. Health care is the most important factor for me...especially after seeing how insurance companies work now that I don't have socialized...oh I mean military...medicine. What are your thoughts??

Much paint, paint, and more paint going on this past weekend. Not my favorite of activities, however, I love the finished look. Our bedroom is a calming, light blue color...not pastel easter egg blue, more sophisticated and I love it! What a difference a color you love makes, instead of that ugly brown color I thought I could live with. After years of talking about buying bedroom furniture...finally did it...online from Costco: a king size platform bed with clean, simple lines. I won't get to see it before I leave though:-( Now am looking at bedding and curtains to continue the calming theme.

The second bedroom was a lot more fun to paint...smaller with less complicated walls. Well, it could've been easier had I not decided to paint the ceiling (and myself in the process). What a workout! My arms were so sore, reaching at all angles to cover everything. I thought the color was a little lighter, which is why I thought I'd paint the ceiling to give the appearance that it's a bigger room. It's still a light purplish brown, I love it, Ryan's on the fence. Still have to touch it up a bit and move furniture in there and put up curtains for the final effect. Now we can clear out the breakfast nook which is where we stashed the bedroom stuff. Can't wait to get this place clutter-free so I can enjoy Seattle for my remaining weeks and pack!

I'm off to make a Mardi Gras King cake for a Fat Tuesday party. This year, I've decided to not give anything up for Lent but to make positive changes in my life. Here's my first: 40 days of reconnecting to people, both here and in Guatemala. Here's to 40 days of change!

No comments: